Muslim Pilgrimage Itinerary to Israel
Day 1 – Haifa
- Arrive in TLV.
- Drive to Haifa
- Lower City (city centre during Ottoman era) & the Muslim community in Haifa, Al-Jarīna Mosque
- Wadi Nisnas, Haifa Jewish and Arab coexisting neighborhood.
- Bahai Centre and hanging Gardens
- Cave of Elijah
- Mount Carmel- Jabal Al-Karmil
Day 2- Arce
- Drive north to Arce
- Tour in the Old City of Arce
- Clock Tower
- Visit and prayer at El-Jazzar, the White Mosque- Arce
- Museum of Hamam al-Basha (subject to its re-opening)
- Zawayat El Shadlia – the founder of Shadlia, the Sufi order.
- Drive east to Tiberias
Day 3- Galilee
- Tomb of Nabi Shuaib (the Druze religious prophet Jethro), located near Kfar Zeitim & city of Tiberias.
- Karnei Ḥaṭṭīn – where the Battle of Ḥaṭṭīn and the defeat of Christian crusaders by the Muslim forces of Saladin took place
- Drive South to Jerusalem
- Panoramic Overlook from Mt. Scopus
- Culinary Tour at Mahane Yehuda Market
Day 4 – Olive Mt. & Jerusalem Old City
- Panoramic from Mt. Olive:
- Tomb of Rabiya al-Adawiyya, Sufi mystic. in Mt. Olives
- Gave of Mujir-e-Din, in Mt. Olives, a Jerusalem Qadi and Palestinian historian of Jerusalem and Hebron in the Middle Ages.
- Jerusalem Old City:
- Western Wall (Kotel)
- Ascend to Haram al-Sharif (Temple Mt.):
- Pray at al-Aqsa Mosque
- Mosque of Qubbet al-Sakhra (Dome of the Rock)
- Descend back to Old city:
- Muslim Quarter, Damascus gate
- Jewish Quarter “Cardo”, city center of the ancient Roman city.
- Via Dolorosa and Christian quarter.
- Mt. Zion & Tomb of David
- Mamilla Avenue, an upscale Shopping and Art Street.
Day 5- Judea (Hebron)
- Drive to Hebron
- Hebron’s Kasba, Al-Khalil Old Town
- Prayer Hebron’s Mosque
- Haram Al-Ibrahimi, Cave of Patriarchs. according to tradition purchased by Abraham as a burial plot in Hebron.
- Mount Nabi Yunis, the highest point of the Palestinian territories
- Continue to Bethlehem- birthplace of the Prophet Jesus (Nabi ‘Issa)
Day 6 – Jericho & Dead Sea
- Drive south to Judea Desert
- Visit Jericho
- Hisham’s Palace, archaeological site of the Umayyad dynasty from the first half of the 8th century.
- Moses Tomb- Nabi Moussa
- Drive to the Dead Sea and enjoy bathing in the unique salty lake.
O/N in Tel Aviv
Transfer to airport